Dolphins are amazing and friendly creatures. If you have been learning about these sea creatures on your own or have friends or kids who share the same interest in dolphins as you do, then you will surely love these clever gift ideas for dolphin lovers.
What better way to show your love and passion for these highly intelligent creatures than to make a gift by your own effort. These awesome dolphin crafts will surely make them smile, and you might even find them making hilarious dolphin sounds during the entire day!
Here are some unique dolphin-inspired DIY gift ideas that you can make for your kids and friends (who are kids at heart).
Milk Carton Dolphin Dive
You can transform an old milk carton into a beautiful ocean scene with a dolphin that jumps out of the water. This dolphin craft is made from simple materials that you can find at home:
- Quart-sized milk carton
- Blue crayon
- Construction paper (gray, blue, green, and brown)
- Popsicle sticks
- Sticky Tape
- Dolphin Template
To make the craft, follow these simple steps:
- Remove the top of your milk carton to have a rectangular-shaped box.
- Laying the box on its long side, cut a slit in the middle of the box’s top and bottom sides.
- Wrap the entire box with the blue construction paper as if you are wrapping a present.
- Use the scissors to cut through each slit.
- Cut a strip of brown construction paper in a slightly wavy pattern to form the bottom of the ocean, and glue it in place.
- Cut the green construction paper into seaweed and glue them onto the bottom of the “ocean.”
- Color the popsicle stick using a blue crayon.
- Cut out the printed dolphin template and glue it on the popsicle stick.
- Place the popsicle stick into the box’ slit. You can tape two sticks together for extra height.
For this DIY gift idea, you will be needing:
- A paper plate
- Two shades of blue tissue paper
- Blue card
- Dolphin template (optional)
To make this, follow these steps:
- Draw a dolphin shape (or use a dolphin template as a guide) onto the plate without including its dorsal fin.
- Cut a triangle from a blue card and glue it on the back of the dolphin to form its fin.
- Scrunch ripped pieces of tissue and glue them onto the dolphin. Older children can place darker shades of blue on the back and use lighter ones for the tummy.
Gluing scrunched-up tissue paper is always a fun craft for little ones. It would be best to cut out the dolphin shape for them and have them fill in the colors using little pieces of tissue paper for a textured finish.
Older children can go above and beyond with a suspended look by placing tissue papers carefully on both sides. Making this DIY gift can be so much fun and rewarding, especially with your kids.
Felt Dolphin Bookmark
This craft is uniquely cute and cuddly, and you can make this for your older children and friends. If you’re inclined to sewing, this little dolphin bookmark will surely be easy to craft. It only involves simple stitches. Dolphin lovers like you and your friends will surely love how this dolphin can jump out of the pages of your favorite book.
For this DIY craft, you will be needing:
- A large paper clip
- Needle and thread
- Blue felt
- Small white or black button
- A dolphin bookmark template
To make this, follow these instructions:
- Fold the felt paper in two.
- Following the template, cut a dolphin shape with its tail sitting along the fold.
- Open out the dolphin shape and slip it through the paper clip with the clip resting along its tail.
- Sew around the dolphin’s outline, along the bottom edge of the felt, and on top of the paperclip to keep it all in place.
- Sew on the black or white button to make the eye.
This adorable felt dolphin bookmark will bring more joy to reading, and older children can even make them as gifts for their parents, grandparents, relatives, and teachers.
Take These Gifts on Your Next Cruise
These gifts aren’t only made to stay at home. If you are planning to take our dolphin cruise in St. Pete Beach with your friends and kids on their special day, you can make these unique gifts for dolphin lovers.
Make every moment even more special – with Sunshine Scenic Tours! For inquiries and reservations, call (727) 392-7090 today!